Among those who couldn’t be identified, the various military academics, personnel types, and logisticians, the list also included:
- Two directorate chiefs from the NTsUO;
- Chief of the Navy’s Shipbuilding Directorate;
- Commander, 6th Air and Air Defense Army, Western MD;
- Commander, Kola Composite Forces Flotilla;
- Commander, 25th Submarine (SSBN) Division, Pacific Fleet
- Commander, 7th Military Base, Abkhazia;
- Commander, 9th Motorized Rifle Brigade (moving to Voronezh); and
- Commander, 74th Motorized Rifle Brigade.
General-Major Andrey Vladimirovich Boldyrev commands the 74th MRB in Yurga, near Kemerovo. It’s part of the 41st CAA, Central MD. Troops from the 74th fought in both Chechen campaigns and reportedly also in the Donbass more recently.
Boldyrev made general at the tender age of 38. It didn’t hurt that his father is retired Army General Vladimir Boldyrev, former Ground Troops CINC.
The elder Boldyrev also commanded three of Russia’s military districts. He spent considerable time in the old Siberian (now Central) MD where his son serves and in the former Transbaykal MD.